This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions. For more information about Colliers Homes, or if you need support, please call our support center.
Showing 1-10 of 42 items.

Foreign nationals prefer Districts 1, 2 (more specifically Thao Dien area) and Binh Thanh, with District 1 being the Downtown of Ho Chi Minh City with buzzing day and nightlife. Modern high rise accommodations are of a smaller volume scale in comparison to District 2 and District Binh Thanh. District 2 is the westerners’ hub with a great choice of modern high rise accommodations, charismatic villas, townhouses and excellent amenities. Lifestyle is much more toned down as compared to District 1 as many families choose to settle here and prefer a quiet night’s sleep, though you can still get into District 1 pretty quickly in just 15 minutes. The rest of the districts are good value for your money to live in also and an excellent opportunity to experience the Vietnamese lifestyle fully particularly Districts 3, 4, 5, 10 and Binh Thanh.

When you have chosen your next home with us and rental amount has been finalised, you will then need to sign the lease agreement and pay the deposit at the same time or within a agreed timeline to fully secure the property; Typically, security deposit is equivalent to 2 or 3 months' rental while 1 to 3 months advanced rent payment is required prior to taking possession of the property. Once you have moved into your new home, the owner will provide you with an inventory list and register you as the resident at the property with the local police office; You will need to provide your origninal passport and visa.

It can happen as quickly as you like, it's important to finalize the lease agreement as soon as possible. Upon signing the lease agreement, you will need to have full funds to pay the landlord. Once received, the landlord will have the property ready by your move-in date.

Landlords will usually request for 2 or 3 months’ rental as security deposit.

Tenants are required to pay building management fees (if a condominium or apartment within a development) and all utility bills consisting of electricity, water, telephone, internet etc.

At the end of the lease, the landlord will inspect the property for damages and inventory list. The deposit is usually refunded to the tenant based on the agreed timeline or possibly on the same day once the landlord is happy with the property condition, inventory checks and copies of paid utility bills.

Yes, you can buy properties with a lease term of 50 years.

Freehold ownerships will only be issued to Vietnamese citizens, or to foreign nationals married to Vietnamese citizens.

Once you have decided on your home or investment property, you will then need to sign a purchase agreement with the owner and pay a deposit at the same time. Once you have paid a total balance between 80%-95% of the purchase price to the owner, you can then move in to the property. The owner will then apply to transfer the Owner’s Certificate into your name. Once the new Certificate is issued in your name, you must pay the remaining balance to obtain your Owner’s Certificate. The process differs slightly in terms of payment schedule and amounts when buying newly built homes or properties still under construction.

You will just need to provide your passport with a valid visa allowing legal entry into Vietnam and open a bank account in Vietnam.